Why Your Business Should Still Be On Facebook
Facebook is not going away; in fact, there are more people actively using it than ever before. As of June 2019, Facebook has more than 2.4 billion monthly active users worldwide. This is an 8% increase over last year’s statistics. Facebook continues to hold the title of the most used social media platform in the world.
So, should businesses still be on Facebook? The answer is simple – yes!
Here are the top 6 reasons why:
1. Customer Connection: It is critically important to be connected directly to your customers to enhance loyalty as well as to recover and/or control the damage of bad experiences. Additionally, it is an opportunity to amplify great experiences with your brand and to promote brand loyalists. Customers want to get reinforcement from others that they made the “right” choice when selecting your brand and by having your brand(s) present and visibly active you can give them that assurance. Facebook also provides businesses with the opportunity to communicate with their customers through another enormous platform, Facebook Messenger. With Messenger, you can directly chat with your customers to assist them with any questions or concerns they may have about your company or product.
2. Reviews and Recommendations: People want to know that they can trust a product before buying it, so they will rely on other customer’s feedback before purchasing. According to Facebook Business, 1 in 3 People on Facebook use the platform to look for recommendations and reviews. Through Facebook Messenger, your business can foster the relationship between your brand and your customers, which will in-turn increase positive reviews.
3. Spreading Brand Awareness: According to Facebook Business, 2 in 3 Facebook users visit the page of a local business at least once a week. With the increasing amount of people active on Facebook, this gives businesses a huge opportunity to make an impression and reach consumers. In Ads Manager, you can select from a wide variety of interests and audiences. This feature not only allows you to spread awareness to the demographic your brand is trying to target, but it also customizes ads to fit the needs of your viewers.
4. Gather Competitive Analysis: According to Statisa.com, the number of active advertisers on Facebook has continued to increase each quarter. The number of advertisers on Facebook at the end of Q1 2019 is 7 million. So, businesses are not leaving Facebook, they are continuing to join in. Your business does not want to be behind the competition, so stay abreast of the strengths and weaknesses of your main competitors and look for ways to exploit the unhappy experiences of their customers.
5. Measurements, Reports, and Trends: Utilizing your Facebook Ads Manager, you will most likely be driving more traffic to the site. You can access reports and measure statistics, allowing you to constantly be aware of how your ads are performing and make changes accordingly. Collect valuable insight as to the likes and dislikes of both your own and competitor’s customers. Being an active “listener” may also uncover competitive threats from non-traditional competitors.
6. Content: Video is a major reason to use Facebook: Facebook Live, publishing and sharing platform, Facebook TV, and more are all available for your business to use to its advantage. Here are a few statistics from BitDownloader to show you why your business should start implementing video content in your branding strategy.
- 85% of internet users in the US watch videos online.
- Worldwide, 51% of marketing professionals claim that video provides the best return on investment above all other forms of content.
- When using video, marketers see revenue increases 49% faster than those that don’t use video.
- 64% of consumers choose to make purchases after watching social media videos from brands.
- Views on branded videos have increased by 258% on Facebook and 99% on Facebook, as reported in June 2017.
Are you looking to start using Facebook advertising to its full potential? At Social Fire Media our team of Facebook advertising specialists will learn from your past efforts, get to know your company inside out, and figure out the best way to effectively use Facebook.