How to Post A Facebook Story For Your Business – 2019
Love them or hate them, Facebook Stories have exploded in popularity since their release in March 2017. Their daily user count has surpassed that of Snapchat, boasting an impressive 500 million daily users. Facebook Stories are more than an easy way to see cute dogs or to creep on former classmates. They are an insanely valuable marketing tool that every business should be utilizing! Here’s how you to post a Facebook Story for your business in 2019 (plus some helpful tips)!
What Are Facebook Stories?
There are a few key differences between your regular news feed and the Facebook stories section of the platform. Facebook stories heavily rely on visual content, whereas standard posts rely more on written information. Stories disappear after 24 hours, giving the material a heightened sense of urgency. Additionally, users cannot leave likes or comments on stories; they can only send interactions through Messenger. Facebook Stories can use features such as text, selfie, Boomerang, and polls to further garner engagement. These features make Facebook Stories the perfect platform for owners to promote their businesses. With organic reach on Facebook continuing to decline, the Stories feature is an innovative way to stay fresh in your target audience’s minds.
How To Post A Story Through Facebook
Posting a story to your Facebook page is a relatively simple process! To begin, you must have admin or editor access to the brand’s Page or Group.
- Open the Facebook App on your mobile device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner of the screen to bring up your Pages and Groups. Select the Page of your choice.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and select “Open Camera.” You can also get to this option by scrolling down your Page and selecting “Create Story.”
- Create your story by capturing pictures or videos with your camera, or upload them from your phone’s Camera Roll.
- Add filters or text for an added flair.
- When you’re finished designing your story, select the “Next” button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select the option to share the photo to “Your Page’s Story.” With that, you’ve posted your first story to your brand’s page. Congratulations!
How To Post A Story Through Instagram
Alternatively, you can repost your Instagram story directly to your Facebook story. This option is perfect if you’re looking to save time or want to post to both platforms simultaneously!
- Open the Instagram App on your mobile device and select the profile of your choice.
- Access your settings within the app and select “Story Settings.”
- Turn on the “Share Your Story to Facebook” option. You’ve successfully enabled story sharing to both platforms! It is important to note that all of your Story analytics will be combined and viewable within the Instagram app.
Best Practices To Follow
Now that you’ve mastered adding Facebook Stories to your brand’s page, let’s delve into a few best practices. These tips will help you get the most out of the platform’s Stories feature.
- Get Creative: Facebook Stories are the perfect way to experiment with creative strategies to capture your audience’s attention. Utilize different video concepts and tools like polls or questions to keep your audience entertained and engaged. You can use stories insights to gather more information about what works for your unique brand.
- Utilize Instagram and Facebook: You’ll be able to hit a much wider audience if you always cross-promote Instagram stories on your Facebook page. You’ll see increased reach and distribution by leveraging both platforms.
- Know Your Audience: By having a deeper understanding of your audience, you’ll be able to tailor your content to meet their expectations.
- Be Concise: Nobody loves having to click through an endless montage of videos or pictures. Try to limit your story to 4 individual Stories to avoid losing your audience’s attention.
- Get A Second Opinion: Creating custom content your audience will love can be a huge task, especially when managing a business. Trusting a team of tech-savvy social media experts can help you handle all of your social media needs and drive excellent results. Click here to get your free, in-depth consultation from Social Fire Media.
The best way to to learn how to use Facebook stories is to dive in and start practicing! Be sure to experiment with your business and see what techniques appeal to your audience the best.